9 inch Rear APEX Short Truss, Stronger Design, Lighter Weight, Easier Install. A new era has begun with the arrival of the APEX Truss! Artec Industries is proud to announce the next generation of Patent Pending axle trusses.
This series of trusses not only builds on our experience as the world leader in axle truss design, it brings it to a whole new level of cost savings, strength, weight savings, simplicity of installation, precision fitment, and complete axle protection never before seen in the industry.
The key feature that sets the APEX truss apart is its unique peaked shape top which provides extra rigidity to the whole truss while allowing both a reduction in weight (vs using a thicker material top) and eliminating long weld seams.
Previous version with long weld seams which can be lead to extra weld warping of the axle, longer install times and can be inconsistent. Without long seams to weld, now you drop the truss directly on to the axle and weld it to the axle faster.
This Truss is the heart of the APEX 1 ton swap kits for JK, JL, and JT and allows not improves rigidity and strength to the axle around the differential, it allows for mounting upper links over the differential if desired.
This truss fits SPIDERTRAX axle housings with a centered differential. Overall length on this truss is 27.29 inches. May fit other fabricated 9 inch housing but not guaranteed. Install on other 9 inch housings at your own risk.
Note: This truss is very form fitting to the contours of the casting. Due to variances in axles of this axle over the years, some trimming may be necessary on the truss and non-essential parts of the casting.
- Patent Pending APEX peaked top design provides more rigidity than a flat top truss design
- CNC Precision Laser cut in-house from 3/16 inch mild steel for a lightweight yet strong solution...only 11 lbs
- CNC Precision Bent in-house for a great fitment. Literally drop the truss in place on the axle and it's ready to weld. No puzzle piece assembling
- Designed used 3D models directly from Spidertrax and Jeep for not only an amazing fit but clearances with surrounding components
- 70 percent less welding needed than previous truss designs means less warping, faster turnaround, and lower costs
- All long seams are bent so you don't need to spend time welding them together
- Contours to the differential. Chromoly housings may need special weld rod and moderate pre-heating and post-heating
- Truss is low profile allowing link joints to be mounted with ideal geometry - about 9 inches from the axle centerline.
- Truss is designed to fit in between Leaf Springs or can be used as a base for mounting link suspension mounts.
- Overall low profile design means your axle is stronger, sleeker, easier to fit into any vehicle, and less likely to interfere with vehicle components.
Note: This kit requires general welding and fabrication skills. Welding should only be done by a competent welder. Artec Industries implies no guarantees or warranties and is not liable for improper installation.
Some grinding and fitment may be required when installing this item. Every axle varies slightly and some fabrication may be required.